|Betreff:||Re: CHamoru request|
|Datum:||Mon, 17 Oct 2022 03:10:34 +0000|
|Von:||MS. FRANCINE M.S.N. NAPUTI <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|An:||Sebastian Becker <email@example.com>|
|Kopie (CC):||firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com>|
- Could you please send me the logo of the CHamoru Language Commission, a picture of the building the commission is based in and a map showing the geographic distribution of the CHamoru dialects?
- Do you use the same CHamoru alphabet on Guam as do your neighbors in the CNMI?
- Were the Chamorro Language Commission in 1964 and the Chamorro Division of Language and Culture/Department of Chamorro Affairs in 1999 the predecessor institutions of the Commission on Chamoru Language and the Teaching of the History and Culture of the Indigenous People of Guam?
- Is „CHamoru“ the official spellling now? And/or are „Chamoru“ and „Chamorro“ also accepted?
- Does any law exist that orderes a CHamoru term or translation for any institution name? If so is it to be written in first order (and then the English name)?
- Are there any different CHamoru dialects on Guam? If so what is the standard dialect?
- Do you collaborate with the CNMI’s Chamorro Carolinian Language Policy Commission/Department of Community and Cultural Affairs?
KUMISIÓN I FINO’ CHAMORU YAN I FINA’NÅ’GUEN I HESTORIA YAN I LINA’LA’ I TAOTAO TÅNO’ | Commission on CHamoru Language and the Teaching of the History and Culture of the Indigenous People of Guam
May 12, 2021 I Na’an Lugåt (Guam Place Names) Hearing I Kumisión i Fino’ CHamoru yan i Fina’nå’guen i Historia yan Lina’la’ i Taotao Tåno’ and I Na’an Lugåt announces the second of three public hearings to be held at community centers around the island to review the names of villages.
FRANCINE M.S.N. NAPUTI, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Health Sciences and CHamoru Studies
School of Health
303 University Drive
UOG Station, Mangilao, Guam 96913
The University of Guam is an equal opportunity provider and employer.